1. I drop off kids at preschool in the morning. Only two kids.....Lainey Caroline and Rylee Sky. (They're currently using middle names.....just go with it.)
Dropping them off includes walking them in and waiting for them to 'sign in'. Signing in includes choosing a sticker and then placing it next to their name for the coordinating date to show their attendance.
First of all, there can be a line of students waiting to 'sign in'. 8 kids can take up to 20 minutes to sign in. I kid you not.
I stood there the other day watching all of the other mothers smile adoringly at their kids selecting stickers, finding their names......Nope!.......she wants another sticker......a purple one instead of pink......no problem......we've got time......then she finds her name again.......and spends 3 minutes pealing the sticker off her finger and then looks for her name again.....where is it?......where did it go?.......oh, there it is!!!!.......all the while I'm wanting to bash my head into the wall waiting this out.
Lainey is no different. She finally gets her turn and the same procession plays out. I try to coach her along......and the
stubborn little brat precious darling changes her mind several times......I again, look at the other mothers observing this process and then do the "I want to strangle this kid!!!!!" hand motion with my hands close to her neck and with my crazy face on, toungue sticking out.
I'm officially the crazy preschool mom. Who are these women? Why do they not find this process frustrating?
I have problems, people.
2. I'm considering seeing the latest installment of Paranormal Activity. Enough said there.
3. My fingers are finally just little stubs left over after dressing these damn princesses all day long.
Why would the factories put tiny, skinny fingers on them? They all catch on the crappy fabric that makes up these dresses and it takes me forever to put each dress on.
Why are the dresses coming off? I'm assuming that they're simply getting baths throughout the day and not making out with THE JUSTIN BEIBER DOLL she was given for her birthday.
4. I asked JB from Widespread Panic to marry me recently (twice) on their Faceook page.
They had a "Ask JB" question session. The temptation was too much.
This is wrong because:
a. I'm married.
b. He's married.
c. I kind of look like a stalker now.
5. I'm considering an all night stake out to catch the critter red-handed that continues to destroy this one specific potted plant in our front yard. He's not interested in any others.....just this one......and I'm baffled as to why. Regardless of what I plant......and I've tried a half dozen flowers since arriving in California......he keeps eating them.
6. There are hibiscus flowers blooming beautifully in our front and back yards. I'm countering this spring-like growth with a hideous amount of Halloween.
Fall will happen in California. I'm determined.
See? I'm close to be committed, yall.
I wonder if I'll get to blog from the facility I'm headed to?