I'm allowed to say that for up to 2 weeks out of the year. It's part of the code.
1. It's been in 80s here, which doesn't sound horrific to most of you, but it is. It really is when you don't have AC.
Just look at this:
Tonight Aug 8
80°FObserved High12:05 pm
Thu Aug 9
Fri Aug 10
Sat Aug 11
Sun Aug 12
We might not make it thru the weekend.
2. The boys' room is getting a makeover. I've finally had it with this system:
It worked in Colorado when we had bigger rooms, but hasn't really fit well since then. It eats up floor space and doesn't leave much room for play.
Jack wants this:
He'll be getting this:
Good try, Jackie.
3. Carter starts Flag Football tomorrow.
Have I ever told you how much I dislike tackle football for young children? I do. He did it in the 2nd grade and I never could relax much and enjoy it. Just not a fan. Luckily, Carter is game to do just about anything, so he was thrilled when his basketball coach called and asked if he could play football.
Might be trying out for Middle School sports, too, this year. Rarely do 6th graders make it onto 7th or 8th grade teams, but I'll keep you posted.
4. School starts soon enough and both boys will be registered and ready by the middle of next week. Cue the waterworks for me with Carter starting MIDDLE SCHOOL.
5. Lainey and I are off to a jewelry party at a friend's house. She was the only little girl invited b/c her manners are so exemplary and she's just so precious and sweet.
As you can see, my plans with keeping the kids a safe distance from anyone knowing the real "them" is working swiftly and successfully.