Lots on my mind lately.
Bear with me.
1. I don't like Girl Scout cookies. That doesn't mean I don't like Girl Scouts or children in general. I typically buy them for the troops each year, so I still feel like I'm not a heathen. I also try to buy from different resources so that everyone can benefit from my guilty conscience.
2. I volunteer at the boys' school each week. Upon walking out recently, I found a lady in the criss-cross-applesauce position (Indian style to those not easily offended), doing yoga and chanting. After a few moments of thought, it finally dawned on me. I like California because we're less of a spectacle here. If she can get away with THAT, perhaps we're less of a shock.
3. I saw The Artist last night. Fantastic. Blake had no idea why I would pay $20 to see a silent movie in black & white. I didn't even try to explain.
4. The Hunger Games premier is going to be a total freak show. I won't see it for a while after its release.
5. We Need To Talk About Kevin is the most riveting and disturbing book I've read in years. Have I said this before? Still haunted by it. Thank God it's a novel and not non-fiction.
6. I'm currently on hold with the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disneyland booking Lainey and Maci Kaye's princess makeovers for next week. I'm not sure who is most excited about this......the girls or Britney and me.
7. Off the phone now after making the girls' appointments. The cast member (don't call them employees) told me to have a 'magical day'.
Totally stealing that.
8. Am I the only one who thinks Anthropologie has completely lost it?
$1400 for this? I could find the same for $12 at my local thrift store.
9. I don't understand the fascination people have with mustaches.
That's all I've got.
Have a magical day!