I love my husband. I love my kids. Love my friends and family.
Yada yada yada.
This one is for you, my darlings.
The Benefits of Blogland
(Happy to have each of one you crazies in my life!)
I get that some people don't "get it". I understand people's confusion in regards to complex online relationships. Chris Hansen scares me, too.
But, when I think of all the good that comes from our lives online, it makes me smile.
1. Now that I have a blog, a situation that might seem dreadful or tragic to others now feels like new material. For example: Two flat tires, two wrecks and an $800 oil pan repair in one month? That's funny!
2. Support. Some of the best peeps I've ever met reside in blogland.
3. Positivity. Let's face it. Blog relationships work because we see people's best side. Usually.
4. New friends. I love when I make a bloggie friend I would have otherwise never met in life. Coco, KS, Brown Eyed Girls Mom, Clare, Brittny, Heather, Froggity, and many more.....I'm talking to you!
5. Giveaways. We all like free stuff.
6. Networking. My job today came from a connection I made with our photographer nearly 2 years ago on vacation in La Jolla. We stayed in touch via Facebook and blogs. After failing at convincing her that everyone was outsourcing to Kansas for admin work, she finally hired me when I moved here. Without these social networks, this would not have happened.
7. Bragging about my funny/smart/witty/athletic/beautiful children. Of course!
8. Spin. Sometimes a healthy spin on a rough patch in life can be good for you. When Blake and I are struggling or when my kids are driving me nuts, going to the blog to paint a pretty picture reminds me of the good things in life.
9. Fresh ideas from an unlimited number of sources. People often apologize for "copying" or "borrowing" an idea from me. Umh.....where do you think I got it? Probably from another blogger. Design, recipes, travel destinations, etc. I really enjoy not having to think sometimes.
10. Humor. Lawd have mercy, I love a funny blog.
That's just 10, peeps. I could go on and on.
Hugs and kisses from Casey in California!
Oh, and stick around........I'll be posting a fabulous giveaway next. You won't want to miss it.