Several people have tagged me and it's been so long since they have....please forgive me for not listing everyone here. I'm finally finding a few minutes to list my own.
1. I am one of 6 children, second from the oldest, oldest girl.
2. I always wanted 4 of my own, but feel blessed to have 3 and have no complaints.
3. I try to see one movie a week - good or bad. I love the whole experience....the movie, popcorn, time to myself.
4. Blake and I met in the 6th grade at a softball field. I was the first girl he asked out. I shot him down with a sassy comment and haven't slowed down since.
5. I will spend just about any amount of money on baby gear (strollers, diaper bags, etc) because I use it more than most. Bought a stroller last week that, after adding accessories, will cost about the same as my first car. I promise I will get every penny's worth.
6. Staying home with kids all day makes me crazy. People think I take kids to the museum, zoo, parks, etc for them....and it is.....but just as much for me, too.
7. I love lima beans. My grandmother made them for us when we were kids and I fell in love with them.
8. I have no fear of getting old - birthdays do not freak me out - quite the opposite. I feel lucky to be a year older, to be closer to family members, to know my kids better, to be more financially solvent. I never understand people's fears in this regard. Life is so precious. Why would you not want more of it?
9. I love Red Bull.
10. I enjoy planning travel and researching destinations as much as I do visiting them.
11. I've lost 20 pounds in the 5 months since Blake moved to Kansas City. It's looking like we'll be here for another 5, at least, so I may be at my target weight before this whole thing is over with.
12. Despite our current situation, I love relocating and experiencing a new part of the country. If Carter were younger, I'd be more inclined to do so every few years.
13. I send mail - snail mail - more than most people. Cards, presents, thank yous, anything....it makes me feel good to know something is in transit to someone I love.
14. If I could choose any car in the world to drive, it would be the one sitting in our garage right now. We got a deal!
15. I cherish sisterhood and think mine are just about the best in the world. My sister-in-law is included in that group. It took us 8 years to get where we are today, but we're closer than ever and I'm grateful.
16. I love gardening - mostly just pots at this point - but one day want a large vegetable garden in our back yard.
17. I wish I had followed my original plan to become a teacher.
18. I love living in an area where it snows. I prefer winter over summer, although, this time of year makes me anxious for spring.
19. My husband continues to amaze me, in our 9th year or marriage.
20. I can't believe our oldest son will receive his First Communion in May. And, I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall during his First Penance (confession) during Lent.
21. We celebrate Mardi Gras each year and because of that, most of our neighbors think we're pretty weird.
22. They think we're weird for plenty of other reasons, too.
23. I'm a strong believer in counseling and thank God my Aunt Mary introduced me to it 17 years ago. It keeps me sane.
24. I like trains a whole lot more today than I ever thought possible.
25. I was a buyer at Pier 1 and Michaels before this latest career change into being a stay at home mother a little over 3 years ago. I loved both - working and being home - and actually feel being home is more stressful.