1. I could never be a Bachelorette. Aside from the fact that I'm married and have 3 children......I couldn't do it. First, I can't go outdoors without sunglasses. Second, I don't use the word "amazing" nearly enough to qualify. Third, if someone showed me a tattoo like Kasey got, I'd die laughing and walk out.
2. Jack is starting to remind us of this guy.
He's such a grump. His standard rebuttal to the simplest of requests is, "No fank you!"
3. I need to write a letter to the DVR geeks. I've been diving in the basement left & right in fear of tornadoes and at all the wrong times. Can't they make the storm notices privy only to current TV?
4. Jack tells me he loves me 30 times a day. "Wuv you, Mom!" If he's out of the room, he'll yell it. Carter does it, too. Lainey? Not so much. If her 2 year old mind could formulate the words, she'd say, "This is pathetic, brudders."
5. Sometimes I feel like all I do in the summer is wash swim suits and slice strawberries.
6. Lainey lives in a princess filled, candy land themed, kitten crawling universe. I still don't know where she came from.
7. 18 days until La Jolla. I cannot wait to see the ocean, visit with our California family and spend some time with Mickey. Best part? Caroline is booked to join us! I'm giddy just thinking about it. A lot has happened since our trip last year. I'm so happy we're all going to be together again.
8. We're flying this year. 5 people, 4 bags to check, 5 carry ons, and one massive double stroller. Still deciding on whether or not to lug on 2 car seats. Has anyone ever been kicked out of an airport based on absurdity alone?
9. Blake and I have been eating high protein, low carb for almost a month. I've lost 5 pounds. We're not cold turkey no carb.......a tortilla here and there....and fruit......but not much. Feels pretty good!
10. The punks have grown a liking to the potty talk. Or, really, just any talk that seems inappropriate or annoying.
Penis butt (Thanks, Blake, for teaching them the correct term! I was fine with "privacy".)
You name it......they'll say it. Doesn't help having a 9 year old in the house. We cured "shut up" after a year's worth of frustration with hot sauce. Yes, I'm a saucer. Don't judge. We tried everything. If they keep it up, I'm going to be wearing a bottle of Tabasco on a string like a necklace. Presence is everything, you know.
11. Katherine, a friend on Facebook, reminded me that Christmas is 6 months from today. You shopping yet?
Think I'll close on that note. 3 days of work ahead of me and then Sweet Caroline is in town! The kids are about to burst with excitement. Lainey's rehearsing stories to tell her. Carter's planning which Wii games will be played. Jack's working on new and interesting ways to decline invitations. "No fank you" is getting monotonous, even for him. Can't wait to see what the little 4 year old mind conjures up.