Just a few quick details and answers to your questions:
1. We sell the house to Blake's company in a matter of days and then we're done with it. They then sell the house to the buyer and represent themselves at closing. So, in no time at all, we'll be out of the picture. Lovely.
2. The company moves us start to finish. Anything we pack ourselves, they will not insure. So, we'll load the Suburban with photo albums, scrapbooks, my laptop, cameras, etc. Every other item we own will be packed and moved by the company. The Relocation Package is very complete.....beyond what we would expect from them....our experience coming from Dallas to Denver was so smooth and well played....not one single complaint.
3. No word yet on Carter's finishing school....if he'll be "finished" here in Colorado or if he'll have to go a few weeks in Kansas/Missouri. We'll know more after meeting with teachers/principals. We plan to move at the beginning of May, after his Religious Education commitment is finished.
4. Carter will receive his First Communion with his Religious Education class as scheduled and we couldn't be more thrilled about that. He's studied since he was in Kindergarten for this sacrament, so we didn't want to risk moving and then our new church asking him to wait until next year, should our timing not work with theirs. And, as I've told Blake, I'd rather work with the school district than the Catholic church.....we Catholics can be set in our ways. :)
5. Blake will be here for Jack's birthday, the week of moving (one of us must take the children somewhere - anywhere that is not here) and we'll drive as a family in the car full of our prized possessions as we take this next step into the Midwest. I'm so excited about that.....we moved separately to Denver (I flew with the boys....no Lainey then....and Blake drove the Tahoe).....so it will be exciting to make this important step together. Crossing state lines as a family!
6. Our trip to Aspen for Spring Break has been cancelled in order to visit Blake in KC and look at rental homes/town homes. We plan to rent for 6-12 months in order to get to know the area better and consider all options - new vs gently used (with finished basement!) vs super old and funky. There are many advantages to each option and we're torn between what we want. So, the next year will be spent narrowing down our choices. We hope to sign a lease next week, so stay tuned to find out Kansas or Missouri!
7. Anything else? Let me know what I missed or what questions you have!